- Basic Attention Token (BAT) is an Ethereum token that powers Brave’s blockchain-based digital advertising platform that actively blocks ads, trackers, invasive cookies, and malware to make internet usage safe, private, and fast.
- Internet users can use Brave’s Brave.com web browser to filter the ads they want to see and receive BAT from advertisers in exchange for their attention.
- BAT is now listed on Coins.ph, one of the first licensed and regulated cryptocurrency exchanges in the Philippines, where Filipinos can easily convert PHP to buy and use $BAT.
What is Basic Attention Token (BAT)?
Basic Attention Token (BAT) is an Ethereum-based native token of Brave Software's blockchain-based advertising platform. Users who browse the web using Brave.com can choose the ads they see from ads on Brave's ad network. Users are then rewarded with BAT from advertisers. The Brave browser actively blocks ads, malvertisements, and trackers to make internet usage safe, private, and fast. The Brave browser is built using Chromium, the open-source software that powers Google Chrome.
How Does Basic Attention Token Work?
BAT is the native token of Brave.com, an open-source, privacy-centered internet browser created to block invasive cookies, malware, and trackers. Brave’s internet browser provides an ad ecosystem where Users, Content Creators, and Advertisers interact on a blockchain-based system that efficiently distributes advertiser funds and enhances the digital advertising experience.
- Users. Internet users browse the web every day to consume content, buy/sell products and services, and communicate with other users. The Brave web browser tracks how users interact with digital content and stores their information in a distributed ledger to show ads better tailored for them—and according to their preferences. User information is stored on their respective devices to ensure anonymity and privacy. Brave browser users are also rewarded with BAT for their participation.
- Publishers. Also known as content creators, publishers include websites that provide content to users. Publishers or content creators can join Brave’s verified creator network to start earning ad revenues, user contributions, and tips. Publishers are rewarded with Basic Attention Tokens for creating good content and sustaining user attention.
- Advertisers. Brands or advertisers buy website space to show their ads to internet users. However, big tech companies like Google, YouTube, and Meta take a huge cut from advertising profits, driving down the return on investment generated from digital ads. Through Brave’s machine learning algorithms, advertisers can better target particular users based on stored user content preferences and interests. Plus, Brave's anonymous accounting lets advertisers know how well their ads are doing without invading users' privacy.
What Are the Use-Cases of Basic Attention Token?
BAT is the native token of the Brave web browser, which facilitates the entire reward system of the network. Brave rewards users, publishers, and advertisers by calculating the attention value linked to each internet activity. BAT can be used in many ways:
- Buying Goods and Services. BAT can be used to purchase premium content, cash-value gift cards, products on web3 DApps, and services on the Brave platform.
- Tipping Publishers/Creators. Through tipping and automatic contributions, Brave users can also directly support publishers. With this reward system, websites and creators can earn from their high-quality content without compromising user privacy.
- Trading with Other Cryptocurrencies. BAT can be traded with other crypto assets and fiat currency. Brave users can save, earn interest, and pay through the Gemini exchange. BAT can also be used to buy NFTs.
Read: What are NFTs?
How to Buy BAT?
$BAT is now on Coins.ph! Learn how to buy BAT in 2 steps:
Step 1: Log in to your Coins account then make a cash in. You can use bank transfer and e-wallet options to top up your PHP wallet. Read this tutorial on “How to Cash In Online to your Coins.ph Wallet”
Step 2: Tap Crypto and select “BAT” from the drop-down menu to convert your PHP.
Get your crypto journey started with Coins.ph
Coins.ph is regulated by the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas (BSP) and is the first ever blockchain-based company in Asia to hold both Virtual Currency and Electronic Money Issuer licenses from a central bank.
Sign up for a Coins.ph account now to start trading OR download the Coins.ph app. Once you have verified your account, you can convert PHP into the cryptocurrencies of your choice.
Join the Coins Community
Connect with like-minded crypto enthusiasts! Be the first to learn about our news and campaigns. Join us on: